Transarterial Chemoembolization Market Size, Segments Poised for Strong Growth in Future 2027
Registering a CAGR of 8.57%, Transarterial Chemoembolization (TACE) Market is expected to grow from USD 1559.20 Million in 2018 to USD 2777.22 Million by 2025.
Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) is a primary malignancy of the liver and occurs mainly due to chronic liver disease and cirrhosis. It is the third leading cause of cancer deaths worldwide, with over 500,000 people affected. Transarterial chemoembolization market size is the current standard of therapy for patients with intermediate-stage hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC). Conventional TACE is considered as a standard treatment for HCC.
- Advaxis Inc. (US)
- Baxter (US)
- Bellicum Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (US)
- Boston Scientific Corporation (US)
- Cook (US)
- Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC (UK)
- Isofol Medical AB (Sweden)
- Nippon Kayaku Co., Ltd. (Japan)
- Novartis (Switzerland)
- Pfizer (US)
- Sirtex SIR-Spheres Pty Ltd. (Australia)
- Spectrum Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (US)
- Jiangsu Hengrui Medicine Co., Ltd (China)
By Procedure Type
- Conventional TACE: Conventional TACE dominated the Transarterial chemoembolization (TACE) market as it is one of the oldest procedures used in HCC cases. Conventional TACE involves the infusion of chemotherapeutic drugs blended with lipiodol and embolic agents into the cancer-feeding artery
- DEB-TACE: This segment is expected to witness the fastest growth. DEB-TACE allows higher concentrations of drugs to the target tumor and lower systemic concentrations, compared with conventional TACE
- Hospitals & Clinics: It holds the largest market share that can be attributed to an increase in the number of patients afflicted by HCC, coupled with a rise in a number of hospitals, and quality care, and availability of skilled and qualified professionals.
- Cancer Research Centers: This is the fastest-growing segment due to increasing research funding for the development of effective treatment of HCC
- Americas: The region holds the largest share of the market. The market in the Americas has further been branched into North America and Latin America, with the North American market divided into the US and Canada.
- Europe: The European transarterial chemoembolization (TACE) market has been classified as Western Europe and Eastern Europe. The Western European market has further been categorized as Germany, France, the UK, Italy, Spain, and the rest of Western Europe.
- Asia-Pacific: The market in Asia-Pacific has been segmented into Japan, China, India, South Korea, Australia, and the rest of Asia-Pacific. The Asia-Pacific transarterial chemoembolization (TACE) market is projected to be the fastest-growing during the forecast period.
- Middle East & Africa: The market in the Middle East & Africa has been divided into the Middle East and Africa.
Market Research Future (part of Wantstats Research and Media Private Limited),
99 Hudson Street,5Th Floor, New York,
New York 10013,
United States of America